Travel and Adventure...Brook Green Gardens Murrells Inlet SC

Several months ago I spent a rainy weekend in Charleston.  My goal was to attend a conference, which I did and it was great.  I also wanted to visit several of the Gardens in the Charleston area but the rain would not let up.  Well, it was time to head home. I could take the short route home and give up on my garden tour or I could take a chance and visit a garden just a bit north where there was, hopefully, less rain.  Not being one to give up on an adventure  I took the risk and went the long way home so  I could visit Brookgreen Gardens in Murrells Inlet SC

Here is what they had to say on their website...
"For 85 years, Brookgreen Gardens has been an inspiration, refuge and retreat for our community. We hope residents and visitors will take pride in the fact that in their midst is one of America’s premier gardens."
"On entering the Diana Garden, the breadth of this magnificent place stands before you. The Live Oak Allée garden is comprised of 300 year-old Live Oak trees that were planted in the early 1700s when Brookgreen Gardens was a thriving rice plantation."


This area of the garden was stunning.  I love the large oak tress with the Spanish Moss and ivy.  Beautiful!  Here is a map of the garden....Garden Map
"Brookgreen Gardens, the first public sculpture garden in America, has in its collection more than 1,400 works by over 350 sculptors."
There were beautiful sculptures everywhere.  I did not get to see all that I wanted to due to the misty rain but what I saw was lovely.









Throughout the gardens were quotes.  I like this one....
Due to the weather I did not get to tour the entire garden.  I know I missed many of the sculptures and much of the gardens.  Here a few things I want to see next time,,,
They have a Zoo, a Pontoon Boat AdventureA Butterfly House, and a a few different Dining Options.
I am looking forward to a return trip to Brookgreen Gardens to complete my tour.  If you are in the Myrtle Beach area I suggest you check them out.  You won't be disappointed.
Life is an adventure.  Get out and enjoy it:-)
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York