Recipe Review, Pork Chops with Fresh Tomato, Onion, Garlic and Feta from Allrecipes Magazine

When I came across this recipe in AllRecipes magazine  I knew I had to try it....I studied the recipe.

Pork Chops with Fresh Tomato, Onion, Garlic, and Feta
Rated: rating
Prep Time: 15 MinutesReady In: 35 Minutes
Submitted By: LovecookingCook Time: 20 MinutesServings: 4
"You will not be disappointed with this wonderful pork chop. It is tender, moist, and full of fresh flavors. I serve with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus. It's a favorite in our household."
INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 large onion, halved and thinly
sliced
4 pork loin chops, 1 inch thick
salt to taste
black pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1/2 pint red grape tomatoes,
halved
1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes,
halved
3 cloves garlic, diced (I used minced garlic,KV)
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
DIRECTIONS:
1.Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and cook until golden brown. Set aside.
2.Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in the skillet. Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and place in the skillet. Cook to desired doneness. Set aside and keep warm.
3.Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Return onions to skillet, and stir in tomatoes, garlic, and basil. Cook and stir about 3 minutes, until tomatoes are tender. Mix in balsamic vinegar, and season with salt and pepper. Top chops with the onion and tomato mixture, and sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.

I gathered my ingredients turned on my music and started cooking....

 Fresh basil from my very own garden.  The rest from Harris Teeter:-)
This combo of ingredients is really yummy.
Next time I will double it.


I browned the chops on the stove.  They suggested using an ovenproof skillet but I did not have one.  I just transferred them to a casserole dish and it worked just fine.
Oh no I forgot the Feta.... Thats better!
Pretty good wine too.  Not too sweet.

I would have to give this recipe a 9.5/10.  Really good.  Be sure and get the bone in center cut pork chops. 
Happy Cooking Everyone!
KathieyV:-)

Comments

  1. That pork chop looks so good, No I know what I am having for dinner. Thanks for sharing this!

    XO,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC