Exploring My Local World...Beaver Queen Pageant 2015

Beaver Queen Pageant 2015.  

I have lived in the area for over 20 years and had never heard of the Beaver Queen Pageant.  Now that I am exploring local events and venues in Durham and the surrounding area I thought I should check this out.  So off Cindy and I went for a new experience.  Here is the description from a local website....

"The Beaver Queen Pageant is an annual Durham event, now in its 11th year, and a local favorite. It's a beauty pageant where the contestants dress in elaborate beaver-themed costumes, bribing judges is expected (with the proceeds going to the Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association), and where you can find food trucks and other family fun." 
"The event is always free but bring some cash to vote for your favorite contestant or bribe a judge. No voter ID required , and vote as often as you like. All proceeds go to benefit the Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association."
Their theme this year was Beavers do Bollywood. Here are a few photos from the event....
Started off having free drinks made by these very nice guys.

I had the Mystic & Mango
Yummy!


"Unique and interesting" 
"Lighthearted"
 "Psychedelic Colors"
 "Melodious"
She had a beautiful voice.  I love the beaver hat on Dr. Teeth.
"Festive" 

Mz. Polly Nator
I do believe she won.
Congratulations!
"Family Friendly"



We had a good time at the event.  
I guess if I had to describe it in two words it would be "free spirited".
If you decide to go next year be sure and take plenty of water.  It was extremely hot that day.  
They do have food trucks where you can buy food and drink.
Thanks Beaver people for supporting clean water in our area.
Get out and explore. 
I suggest you try an area event or festival.  Get to know your neighborhood.
KathieyV:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York