Thursday, February 5, 2015

Travel, Oh the Places I Would Go…..Dry Tortugas National Park/Key West Fla

I would love to visit Dry Tortugas National Park just off the coast of Key West Fla. Here is what they said on their website….
"Almost 70 miles (112.9 km) west of Key West lay a cluster of seven islands, composed of coral reefs and sand, called the Dry Tortugas. Along with the surrounding shoals and waters, they make up Dry Tortugas National Park. The area is known for its famous bird and marine life and its legends of pirates and sunken gold. Fort Jefferson, one of the largest coastal forts every built, is a central feature. To clear up some confusion, Dry Tortugas National Park is located inside Fort Jefferson, which sits on Garden Key."
All photos are from Pinterest….
Fort Jefferson
I would explore the fort….

 Go snorkeling...
 Smile at a friendly sea turtle….
 Take photos of the many birds found on the island….
There are two ways to get to the fort.  You can hop on a ferry for the trip or take the sea plane.  Since in my fantasy world money is no object, I would take the sea plane.
After all that fun and adventure I would relax on the beach.  
(Hopefully I can find a Rum Punch to enjoy:-)




















I would jump on my sea plane and head back to my hotel.
(remember money is no object:-)
I would sit on the pier and watch a beautiful sunset.
Then with my island drink in hand I would thank God for a beautiful day 
Happy travels everyone.
Even if it is travel through the photos on Pinterest
KathieyV:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment