Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pinterest Foodies….Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad from Flavor Mosaic on Pinterest

Searching Pinterest I came across this tempting salad from the Flavor Mosaic.  I had to work all day but thought this would be a quick and easy meal to whip up.  I studied the recipe and after work stopped by Harris Teeter to pick up the supplies….(My comments will appear in red)
Apple Walnut Cranberry Salad

Author:
 Prep time
Total time
Recipe type: Salad
Serves: 4
Ingredients

    Salad
    • 1 bag 50% blend mixed greens and spinach, washed
    • 2 green apples, sliced
    • ⅓ cup dried cranberries
    • ½ cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (I used Blue Cheese)
    • ½ cup walnut pieces

      Apple Cider Vinaigrette
      • ¼ cup olive oil
      • ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
      • ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
      • ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
      • ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
      • ¼ teaspoon dried basil
      • ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
      • I also added about 2 tsp of sugar and also bought a piece of ham to the mix.

        Instructions
        1. In a large bowl, toss together all the salad ingredients.
        2. In a small bowl, whisk together all the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Serve immediately.

        I gathered my ingredients and started putting things together.



        I love to wisk my dressing in my new pottery bowl:-)

        So what would I rate this lovely salad?  I would give it a 8/10 on my food scale.  Yummy and easy!
        Happy Cooking Everyone.
        Kathiey:-)

        No comments:

        Post a Comment