Monday, November 10, 2014

Monday Morning Motivation. "Broken in The Right Places" by Alan Nelson

Monday Morning Motivation. "Broken in The Right Places" by Alan Nelson

Here are a few quotes from a book I am reading, 
"Broken in the Right Places" by Alan Nelson.
 Chapt. 1 & 2

"A breaking process, as it emerges in these pages, allows us the often painful opportunity to grow and reach a level of maturity which cannot otherwise be achieved"

"The world breaks everyone and afterwards many are strong at the broken places"
Ernest Hemingway

"Almost everyone of us", says Gordon MacDonald, "will encounter some issue that introduces us to brokenness at a far greater intensity then we ever thought possible".

"The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart.  He heals the broken hearted.  A divine romance exists between the broken and their Creator"

Alan places questions for reflection at the end of each chapter.  I will answer two.
"Have you gone through specific wilderness periods you could refer to as times of brokenness?  What were they?"
          My husband leaving me unexpectedly after 37 years of marriage.  

"How could a breaking process enhance one's relationship with God?"
          I entered what I will call a pit of sorrow.  Entering that type of emotional despair makes you realize just how much you need God in your life.  I believe I have never relied so fully on God and his promises as I have during this time.  He is my savior, my friend, my father.  He is daily teaching me to lean on him to direct my path.  He is bringing me back to a place of joy even in the confusion and pain.
For that I am grateful:-)

Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

2 comments:

  1. You have such an interesting blog. Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading your posts. All the best for your future blogging journey.

    ReplyDelete