Travel ...Airlie Gardens….Wilmington NC

If you ever find yourself in Wilmington NC you must stop by and visit Airlie Gardens.  This was my second visit.  My first visit was in the spring several years ago.  The spring tulips and azaleas were beautiful.  This year my visit was in August.  I guess anytime of year at Airlie is beautiful.
Here is a quote from their website…
"Life today moves at a fast pace, sometimes too fast to enjoy the old fashioned pleasures of nature. At Airlie Gardens, those simple pleasures can again be yours. Take time to admire azaleas, camellias, stand in the shade of our 467 year old Airlie Oak, or simply sit quietly watching a butterfly float by. Celebrating more than a century of gardens by the sea, our history dates back to 1886. Join us then in a self-guided walking tour of these 67-acres of historical gardens of mighty live oaks, tall pines and lakes which are abundant with colorful wildlife. Airlie Gardens, where history, art and nature come together to create a destination spot for garden lovers throughout the world."
Here are a few photos of my summer visit



















 I did not see a fox but I did take pictures of a few of the critters I did come across.  I also saw a fast moving black snake.  I decided not to chase him down:-)







Beautiful gardens.  If you are in the area I suggest you stop by.
Get out and explore.
Enjoy Your World!
Kathiey:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York