Recipe Review….Grilled Maple Pork Chops from Taste of Home Magazine

I have been learning how to grill.  My soon to be Ex always did the grilling but now it is up to me.  I found out several weeks ago, with Erica, the real challenge was to get the gas grill turned on.  The first time I tried the flames leaped into the air.  This time the flames still leaped into the air but it was a much smaller flame, the learning curve:-)







I decided to try a Pork Chop recipe I found in Taste of Home Magazine.  "Grilled Maple Pork Chops"
I studied the recipe…

  •      6 tablespoons maple syrup
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
  • 4 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 inch thick and 12 ounces each)

    Directions

    1. In a small bowl, whisk syrup, vinegar, salt and pepper until blended. Pour 1/2 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour. Reserve remaining marinade for basting.
    2. Drain pork chops, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
    3. Grill pork chops, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 13-17 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning occasionally and basting with reserved marinade during the last 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
    I found it very easy and quick to mix up the marinade during my lunch break….

    I put the marinade in a plastic bag, dropped in the pork chops, sealed the bag, and placed them in the fridge.  Then I went back to work and then off to Zumba class.  I made it back home hungry and ready to attempt to grill.  


    Dinner is served!  Believe me after an hour of Zumba I was starved…..



























    So how was it?  It was very good!  I would give it an 8.5/10 on my cooking scale.  I would do it again it was easy and tasty.  It would have been nice to have had some sauce on the side.  I think next time I will make extra marinade and put some on the side. I know you are asking "Kathy, where are your vegetables?"  Yes, I know I need them but I was just too tired.  I will have some today:-)
    Try a new recipe.  I suggest you try Grilled Maple Pork Chops from Taste of Home Magazine.
    Happy Cooking!
    Kathiey:-)

Comments

  1. It looks like you've nailed learning the grill! These are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great! My hubby would love them! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks incredible! Licking my lips! Pinned! Please join us tonight at 7 pm and party with us. We feel honored when you stop by! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York