Monday Morning Motivation

Depression.  I have never experienced its awfulness until I was abandoned.  I thought I had been depressed before, but no.  I had no idea.  It encompasses your being.  I still have the physical symptoms that go along with it and it is hard for me to get out of bed in the morning but I keep moving.  Keep giving it to God and keep pushing myself to enjoy the things that used to bring me joy.  That being said I am so blessed and I am happy.  Yes I have to deal with residual effects and I have to deal with an uncertain future but I am finding that I am the norm rather then the exception and many others have the same struggles and worse.
So what am I thankful for today?
The Nazarene Church in Raleigh that has taken me in and cared for me.  The worship team that has allowed me to sing with them on Sunday Mornings.  The songs are my comfort.
I am thankful for friends.  Thankful for prayers.
For Gaby my Zumba instructor that keeps me moving.  For the ability to move:-)
For the wonderful Mother's Day Weekend with Erica.
For time spent with Steph, Josh, and Caleb.
For Brodie.
For my job.
A never ending list of things to be thankful for.
I find the most difficult part, for me, is the worry about the future.  Do I get to keep my house?  Will I have enough money to retire?  Can I afford health insurance. I know I need to trust God with my life and my worries.  I do my best to put everything in His hands many times a day. It is a process.
"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, 
and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow.  
God will help you deal with whatever 
hard things come up when the time comes"
Matthew 6:34
Good Advice
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York