"B" is for Belmont…..Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens

I love to take pictures.  That being said one of my goals in going to Belmont was to visit Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens, and I am glad I did.
Here is a quote from their website..

DSBG Master Plan

In 1991, retired Belmont, North Carolina, textile executive Daniel Jonathan Stowe bestowed a gift destined to provide beauty and joy to future generations. With the vision of a botanical garden to rival the world’s best, Stowe set aside nearly 400 acres of prime rolling meadows, woodland and lakefront property. The Board of Directors of Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden approved a master plan for the garden in 1994. In 1999, the Visitor Pavilion, Formal Display Gardens and Perennial Gardens opened. Future development will be completed through public and private support over the next several decades.

Here are a few of the sights I saw on my self guided tour….



























If you find yourself at the gardens be sure and check out their gift shop.  They have plenty of very nice things and there is a small snack bar where you can have coffee or wine.  I opted for wine and had the pleasure of meeting Erin the store manager.  She filled me in on the gardens and the surrounding area.  It was a joy to talk with her.

Get out and explore, and let your adventure begin.
If you are in the Belmont or Charlotte area I suggest you visit Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens.  You won't regret it.
Enjoy Your World!
Kathiey:-)

Comments

  1. Visiting Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens is on my list of things to do this summer. It's not too far from where my daughter lives, and I visit her often. Your photos are beautiful. Looks like you had a nice visit!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC