Monday Morning Motivation….The Power Behind the Promise of a Prayer….

     I would not be here today if it were not for the prayers that have been offered for me.  All the many prayers going up on my behalf help me get through each day.  They give me strength and hope.
God has put so many people in my path since my transition began.  It is amazing to me. Yesterday was no exception….
     I needed to go to the grocery store to pick up one thing.  Seemed like a waste to leave the house for one item but I decided to just do it.  I went to a local grocery store.  There was a man sitting in one of those motorized grocery carts just outside the door.  He greeted me with a smile and I returned his greeting.  I went in the store, picked up my item, and headed out the door.  As I entered the foyer of the store I saw the man backed against the wall in his cart.  As I left I smiled and told him "have a nice evening".  He hesitated a moment and say "Ma'am, could you help out a homeless man?" The first thought that came to my mind was "no".  Then I remembered I had a little cash.  I pulled out my wallet and gave him some money.  We introduced ourselves.  His name is Anthony. I ask him where he slept at night.  He said he manages to find a place.  He asked me if I would pray for him and I said that I would.  I asked him if he would pray for me and he told me that he would add me to his prayer list.  We shook hands and I said "God bless you Anthony", his reply "God bless you Ma'am".
     There was something powerful in that simple exchange.  It brought me to tears.  The power behind  the promise of a prayer.  God bless you Anthony!
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York