I stopped off at a local market in hopes of finding the deveined shrimp and the sausage. Good found the sausage. Found the shrimp but not deveined. Oh no! Time for a google search on how to devein shrimp….
"Pick Me, Pick Me"
- 8 ounces andouille sausage, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds peeled, large raw shrimp, deveined (I don't think I used as much as they called for but next time I will add more shrimp)
- 1 medium-size sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced (I used a small amt of garlic powder)
- 1 cup dry white wine (I used the one in the photo)
- 6 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 (14 1/2-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (I did not use this)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked regular grits (Sadly I forget to buy grits so I used Orzo)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Garnish: fresh oregano sprigs
- 1. Cook sausage in a large Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 5 to 7 minutes or until browned. Remove sausage using a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in Dutch oven. Drain sausage on paper towels.2. Stir oil into drippings. Cook shrimp, in batches, in hot drippings over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until opaque; remove with slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium.3. Sauté onion and celery in Dutch oven over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Stir in wine, and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in broth and next 7 ingredients, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Whisk in grits; return mixture to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Stir in oregano, reserved sausage, and shrimp. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 more minutes.
Try a new recipe. I would suggest One Pot Shrimp and Grits (Orzo:-)
Enjoy your world:-)