Monday Morning Motivation…"I will take hold of your hand. I will protect you"

"I, the LORD, have called you to do what is right. I will take hold of your hand. I will protect you.

Isaiah 42:6

If you know me you know when I hear a song, watch a movie, or just live my daily life I look for a way to find God in it.  As you know I am going through a bit of my own personal hell.
I was watching a TV show today and I heard a couple of quotes that I could relate to.

 "Every time I think I am going to sit back and enjoy myself I can't.  Because it is never going to stop"
I have felt this way everyday for 6 months….it takes it toll both physically and emotionally
"We can't let the bad things in life define us.  
We have to find the good moment between all the bad ones"
I have been trying very hard to do just that.  It is difficult though because of the betrayal and sorrow but I do my best to push through.  For example I had a wonderful week in spite all the ugliness .  I went out with Cindy, had dinner with friends (Tony, Sally, Joanie, Phil, MaryJane, Les, and two wonderful children Gracie and Seth)  Great food, great company, lots of laughs and hugs.  Wonderful time.  I baked cookies for the youth group cookie walk at church.  I had the honor of singing on the praise team this week.  I spent time with my neighbors.  I watched Doc Martin on TV.  There are a lot of great moments mixed in with the bad.
I received a card this week from my good friend Amber. It contained a quote by Winston Churchill
"If you are going through hell, keep going"
Good advice!
I will continue to try to find the good moments in my life.  I will try to look past the blinding light of the bad. I will continue to look to God, stay close to my friends and continue to attempt to enjoy the things that once brought me great joy.

It does help to know that God said….
"I will take hold of your hand.
I will protect you"
(This a picture of my wonderful brother Bruce, who has Downs Syndrome, and I holding hands. 
In this photo I can visualize God holding my/our hand)
Thank You God!
Thank You Friends!
Happy Monday everyone
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York