Monday Morning Motivation..A beautiful moment with Caleb.

Why should we choose hope when there is so much pain…..?  Some days I am not sure. But if I reach deep down I can give you many examples.  The beauty of the world that surrounds us, friendship, the ability to help and be helped by others and the list goes on and on.  This example touched my heart….
I took Caleb (my grand baby) to a local Christmas Parade this past weekend.  We had so much fun!  Caleb would tell you we saw a walking Christmas tree, a panda bear, fire trucks, horses, marching bands, dogs, policemen, Mr and Mrs Santa Claus riding a fire truck.
All very special moments.  The moment that was most precious to me was an intimate moment with my little grandson….




























The parade started about an hour late.  Caleb was getting a bit restless.  We spent time playing Ring Around the Rosie, walking to the start of the parade and waving to the people that were preparing to be in the parade and we even walked part of the parade route waving to people as though we were in the parade.  Caleb liked that and the people were gracious enough to wave and smile as we walked by.  All those were wonderful moments but the one that touched my heart came when we were sitting on the roadside curb.  Caleb was sitting in my lap straddling me, his forehead on my chest.  A very nice cuddle on a cold December afternoon.  I had my head snuggled in close and started to sing a song quietly in his ear.  This is a song I sang to my girls when they were babies and I also sang to Caleb when he was an infant.  As I sang the song, our heads together,  I felt a little hand come up and touch my head and pull me in closer. When I finished the song, he pulled back, took my face in his hands, looked me in the eye and then snuggled in close again and pulled me toward his ear and I sang the song again….ever so quietly in his ear as he gently patted the side of my head.  Beautiful moment:-)
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him,
who have been called according to His purpose"
Romans 8:28
Happy Monday Everyone

Comments

  1. Great post. It is that kind of effort that builds a child up right and with good memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York