Recipe Review Pasta Salad from Allrecipes Magazine


I think I have cooked maybe 3 things since my nightmare began about 2 months ago.  My norm is to try new recipes every week. I used to find such joy in the attempt to find new recipes.  I no longer find that joy but I will go through the motions in hope of finding joy in the things that I once loved.  I know it will take time.
I think I made this for July 4th.  A pasta recipe I found in a new magazine.
I studied the recipe.....
Awesome Pasta Salad
Awesome Pasta Salad
Rated:rating
Prep Time: 30 MinutesReady In: 40 Minutes
Submitted By:IrlandesCook Time: 10 MinutesServings: 16
"This pasta salad - made with Provolone, salami, pepperoni, bell peppers, and black olives tossed with fusili pasta and Italian salad dressing - is very easy to make, AND can be prepared in 45 minutes or less."
INGREDIENTS:
1 (16 ounce) package fusilli (spiral)
pasta
3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 pound provolone cheese,
cubed (I did not use this, but I should have)
1/2 pound salami, cubed (I used Hard Salami)
1/4 pound sliced pepperoni, cut in
half (I did not use this)
1 large green bell pepper, cut into
1 inch pieces (I did not use this)
1 (10 ounce) can black olives,
drained (Not an olive person so I did not use this)
1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, drained (did not use)
1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian salad
dressing
DIRECTIONS:
1.Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain, and rinse with cold water.
2.In a large bowl, combine pasta with tomatoes, cheese, salami, pepperoni, green pepper, olives, and pimentos. Pour in salad dressing, and toss to coat.
I gathered my ingredients...




With this recipe you can pretty much add anything you like.  Next time I would add the cubed provolone, I think that would add a nice touch to the salad.  I had some shredded cheddar so I added that. I also took the advice of one of the readers who said to add a bit of sugar to take the edge off the Italian dressing.  I added about a teaspoon and it was not sweet but just right!



Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York