Monday Morning Motivation

Another very rough week.  I am just going through the motions.  Not mad at God though.  Bringing pain into peoples lives, I know, is not His choice for us.   What little strength I do have is from my faith in him, at this point that strength is hard to find, but it has to be there.
I want to share with you an exchange I had with a very nice person this week.  This is what I wrote in my journal....


Everyone has a story.  Everyone has pain.  Some brought on by life and some perpetrated on them by others.  Both can be devastating.  I spoke with a man this week who has had more then his share of challenges. His life has been consumed with physical and emotional pain.  He told me that he felt he was in a tunnel.  He could see a light in the far distance and he was relying on that light to get him through.  I listened to him for a long time. I felt his pain through his words.  Without going into detail and with tears in my eyes,  I shared with him that I too was in a tunnel.  My tunnel was filled with despair and hopelessness but that in the distance I could barely recognize maybe a pinpoint of light,  I was not even sure it was light.  I  thought I could hear a voice, maybe a whisper.  I needed to hear what the voice was saying but in my sorrow I could not understand any of the words.  He looked at me for a what seemed a long moment, and then said very simply and with great  compassion.........


“Kathy, thats God” 

I don't  want to be in this tunnel.  This was not my choice.  

“The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit”
Psalm 34:18

If you have read my blog you know I am always trying to find the beauty the surrounds us. The joy and the gifts that are right in front of us, that we take for granted. that we  can't see if we don't take the time to look.  It was hard for me, in my emotional state, to see that beauty these last few weeks but I picked up my camera and went searching anyway.  Here is the proof in my photos....























































So Kathy where is the motivation this week?  For me this week the motivation is constantly reminding myself, on a minute to minute basis, that God is with me, walks beside me, and understands my sorrow.  Otherwise I know I would not make it. He does the same for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York