Monday Morning Motivation

I really don't have a church community.  I have a church that we go to as a family, at times.  The sermons are amazing and extremely relevant to our daily lives.  The music is fantastic.  I have no idea how to even begin to connect, the church is huge. I long for a church community.  I really miss the what I had developed  at our old church.  I was involved in drama and music, book clubs, cooking clubs, going out to dinner and movies with my church friends.  Just fellowship, fun and a feeling of belonging. I know I can't go back so I must figure out how to move forward and develop "community", maybe it is not going to be in the church???
Oh well, as my Dad would say "It is what it is".  So, I did not go to church yesterday but I found my church time in my devotional book.  I started reading Daily Guideposts Journeys. I read a section called "The Uses of Adversity". Here are a few quotes that stood out to me....

“‘If you can’?” said Jesus. “Everything is possible for one who believes.”

Mark 9:23

"Out of ashes came the phoenix. Our of darkness God made light.
Out of clay God shaped man.  And out of a borrowed tomb came the savior of the world" (quote from the book)

"When our hopes resemble dying embers, Lord, fan them with Your Love"
Fred Bauer, June 5, 1978
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC