Monday Morning Motivation

Yesterday in church the pastor spoke of worry vs concern.  How concern flows out of care and moves us to action and how the extreme of worry/fear can be crippling, paralyzing and useless to help us in our situation.  He spoke of the many things that can lead to worry such as health issues, money issues, relationships, our job or lack of a job, and the list goes on and on.
So what do we do?  
"Cast all your anxiety(worry/fear) on Him because He cares for you"
1 Peter 5:7
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
Matthew 6:27
"Be still and know that He is God"
(my favorite:-)
In a nut shell God cares for us and knows what we are going through.  It is up to us to be responsible, let the concern move us to action.  When the worry and fear creep in, and if you are like me it will make a strong attempt, we need to give it to God.
I found myself getting really worked up the other day.  I was in the car listening to talk radio.  I was getting physically upset/worried by the topic of discussion.  I said to myself I can't take this anymore and switched the station to a Christian music station.  As soon as I switched it I heard a song by Casting Crowns, "The Voice of Truth".  Here is what I heard 
"The voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth of truth says do not be afraid
And the voice of truth says This if for my glory
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe 
the voice of truth"
This brought an immediate smile to my face.  A reminder that I need trust God with all things.
Happy Monday Everyone
Enjoy Your World.

Comments

  1. Just what I needed to hear/read this morning. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC