Our Home Transformation....Kitchen Counter Tops and Back Splash, Part 2

How exciting! We are finally fixing up our kitchen after living here for over 20 years.  Although still not complete, we still need lighting, to do some wall repair and then to paint.  But my oh my, it is beginning to look amazing.  The process of getting the back splash and counter tops installed was fun to watch.  My coach was Pam at Apex Marble and Granite.   She helped me choose my granite and tile, arranged for folks to come out and measure, set up the meeting for me to go to the granite warehouse to choose my granite, and then arranged the installment.  If I had questions I could call her at any time....Here are some pictures of our experience....
The granite warehouse in Raleigh.  So many choices of granite.  I went on line to find out how many colors of granite there are and the number that kept coming up was 400.  So a lot:-) Lucky for me I liked the one that was a bit less pricey.




Below is the one we choose....
Our kitchen before. Wall paper back splash.  Old Formica counter tops.  We decided to keep our current cabinets to save a bit of money.  I know you see the hole in the ceiling.  Well that is on the list to be repaired....hopefully soon:-)





Pam told me this process would take 3 days.
Day one the counter top installation.   
I was working the day they placed the counter top.  I came home to this.....New counter, new faucet, and new sink.....Beautiful!








Day 2....The Tile Back Splash
I was home the day the guys came to place the back splash.  I had my camera ready.  They formed the center design to make sure it was to my liking...."looks great"....
They drew the center square on a diagonal and the work began....











Day 3....The Grout.....




Our beautiful, nearly finished kitchen.
I still spend moments just looking at it:-)

We love the work that was done by Apex Marble and Granite.  They were professional, friendly, and helpful through the entire process.  The folks they sent in to do the work were the same.
If you need new counter tops and/or a new back splash I suggest you talk to Pam.  You won't regret it, we haven't.
Happy Decorating!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

  1. Wow! It looks amazing! You must be pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New cabinets may be installed in the course of your kitchen countertops replacement to assist you generate a color pattern and design which is complimentary all through the whole room. Once you choose to have new cabinets installed, it is possible to choose to not only utilize new materials and colors, but to create a lot more space exactly where you want it most.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC