Nikon Coolpix P510 Review. The Macro Shot:-)

I was so excited to get my new camera.  I had debated...Do I want a DSLR or a better point and shoot camera?   I knew I did not want to lug around and change lenses.  I am not even close to being professional but I want amazing close ups and distance shots. You could say I want it all:-) What to do???  I found the Nikon P510 in one of my google camera searches.  They called it a "bridge" camera.  A point and shoot with many bells and whistles and an amazing zoom lens.  It was so new when I began my research that I could not find sample pictures and there were very few reviews.  It didn't arrive in our local stores till late March.  Well,  last week I took the plunge and bought the P510.  Granted it probably won't take pictures like my daughters D5000 but I have been impressed.
Yesterday I had the day off so off I went to Duke Gardens to play:-)
I will share a few of my macro shots.....











































To be honest I am not sure how I got these shots.  I went back and forth between "Scene Macro with Noise Reduction Burst??" and "Single shot". And "Auto Mode" with the macro option.  I think the moth at the end was using auto shot without the macro because that was at a distance.  I have cropped and played with these pictures but they look great to my untrained eye.
All in all I Love!!! my new camera.  I am so glad I made the decision to buy it. Not so sure about the battery....I may have to get a second one to carry with me on those long photo shoots.
Get out and take some pictures!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

  1. V nice. Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! Now I am not sorry at all. I just ordered P510 today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just awsome!!!already baought mine.

      Delete
  3. Let me know how you like it. I want to learn how to use the manual options. I need to take a class:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi kathiey,my name is greg i wrote i just baought mine,,,well i cant began too tell you how happy iam with this camera,the zoom ,the clarity,the colors..i just took a few pic of some over head planes, and a picture of saturn...yes i said saturn,..it will show up very small when you take picture.only small white dot..but when you amplify the picture too view with the wide and tight lever it will come too view..it can only be done in manuel focus..with the slider focus indicator a few centimeters from top.. i know this is too much too digest, but if you new the real power u have in your hand you would be blown away..anyways i have a few telescopes and i know when these planets are out in my area..you have too see too believe...really you do..punch in your google p510/saturn ,,i hope this sends you too a forum with a bunch on nikon people..someone their posted their picture of saturn..anyways take care kathiey,,,greg from LA,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    I bought this camera recently.

    I'm a newbie in digital photography, I tried macro shots, but I get the blurry images.

    Could you tell me how do you: "back and forth between "Scene Macro with Noise Reduction Burst"?? or if you could advise some settings?

    The manufacturer's manual is useless, only explanations what is what.

    very beautiful images by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathiey,

    I also in the same stage of Dik Kant. Got P510 camera but not sure how to take macro photos. Pls share the Technic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got P510 a year back. I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for review, it was excellent and very informative.
    thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York