Monday Morning Motivation.."The Land Between"

I was at my daughters church this morning.  I learned why I have been struggling these past few years.  I am in "The Land Between", between where I was and where I am going.  Kinda in the desert like the folks with Moses.  The author of the book "The Land Between, Finding God in Difficult Transitions" Jeff Manion, was speaking today.  He was telling us this happens to all of us at some point and can last a long time. It occurs with any type of major change. He said this is a time where we are not where we were, and not where we are going, but in the middle.  He said this was fertile ground for good or not so good.  Our heart is in danger, we can complain, have an emotional melt down or lean on God and know he will provide.  I think I have gone through all these stages, and continue to,  as I tread water not knowing where I should be.
Here are some things he said that struck a cord with me....
I don't want to be here in this desert, I don't like it, but I will put my trust in you Lord.
Help us while in this time to grow in your grace Lord.
Jeff used the Lord's prayer to say "Give us this day our daily bread".... wisdom, hope love, patience, contentment, joy, peace.
Put in my words.  "Lord I don't like the transition I am going through but I trust you with yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Help me to lean on that trust and for that trust in you to grow no matter what this world holds, the great, the good, the bad, the beautiful, the ugly.  I know you are in control and leading.  Don't let me forget."
Happy Monday Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York