Restaurant Review...."Foggy Rock Eatery and Pub" Blowing Rock NC

Happy Anniversary!  

As of Aug Joe and I have been married 35 years.  Wow, long time, (I can't be that old:-)  We decided to head to the mountains to celebrate.  So off we went to one of our favorite towns in North Carolina, Blowing Rock.
Now where should we go for our anniversary dinner?  There are several places to choose from.  We did not have a lot to spend so we considered our options.  As we were driving through town earlier we discovered a new restaurant.  The "Foggy Rock Eatery and Pub"


I went on a few restaurant sites and found mostly praise for the food and service so we decided to give it a try....
We were greeted by a very friendly staff. They said the wait was around 20 minutes.  We decided to head to the bar.  The bartenders were very friendly and helpful.  I ordered a glass of wine, which I sipped contentedly. There are several big screen TV's behind the bar.  If you can't find a seat at the bar there are several tables to choose from.  After an enjoyable wait time we heard the name "Joe" called and we knew our table was ready.
We were seated at a booth along the wall.  There are mostly booths, a few tables and a very large center table...which was soon full of happy folks...
  Photos along one wall...
Large center table....








Photo at our table.
The photo, Joe noticed, has fog in it.  Hence the name, Foggy Rock.
I really liked the
mountains in the glass above also.



















Now for the food.....
We ordered the Chips with Ranch Dressing for a starter.  Very good....

Joe ordered the Caesar Salad and I had the House.  I loved it,  fresh, crisp and delicious!
One more look at my beautiful salad.
I loved the little dried cranberries, nice touch:-)
Joe and I both ordered the trout.  Moist, flaky and wonderful!
We normally don't order dessert.  But it has been 35 years so it was time to splurge.
We shared a slice of Pumpkin Cheese Cake.
Delicious.  I really enjoyed the sweet nutty crust...Yum:-)
We had a great time at Foggy Rock.  We loved our server, Hannah, she was extremely nice,
and made us feel welcome. If you find yourself in Blowing Rock I suggest you check out Foggy Rock.  I know you will like it.
Get out and try a new restaurant.
Enjoy Your World:-)

(note....it is stated on the urbanspoon site that the restaurant is in Boone, but it is really in Blowing Rock:-)

Foggy Rock Eatery& Pub on Urbanspoon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York