Sunday, September 18, 2011

Restaurant Review...."Carolina Ale House" Brier Creek, Raleigh NC

Last night Erica and I decided to go out for a bite to eat.  Joe was off on a 75mile bike ride.  Josh, Steph, and Caleb were on their way into town but would not be home till later in the evening so we headed out for an early meal.  We decided to try Carolina Ale House on Skyland Ridge Pkwy in Raleigh.
We drove to their Brier Creek location....
As we entered there were 3 folks behind the counter.  They were not overly friendly and we got the feeling it did not matter if we stayed or not.  We were glad that was not the case with our server.  Very friendly and attentive.  The person that brought our food was friendly also.  
First up....time for a girly drink....I ordered the Hawaiian Cosmo....
It was pretty.  As far as flavor not so much my favorite drink.  I probably drank about half of it.
We were not very hungry so we decided to share a few appetizers. 
We started with the Creamy Spinach Dip.  
Now that was yummy.  Creamy and cheesy.  I would order that again.
We ordered a couple more appetizers and as we waited I looked around the room.  
We did notice that we were seated in the UNC section.  
How could they tell we were UNC fans?:-)













 Mozzarella Sticks.
They were ok, a bit bland.
Buffalo Zinger Wrap.
It was ok, not much zing.













So what would I give our little restaurant adventure on my review scale.  All in all I would give it a low thumbs up on the food and drinks we ordered.  Everything was ok, nothing was awful.  The only thing that stood out in the items we ordered was the spinach dip.  The welcome was poor but the service was great.  As far as the venue I think it would be a great place to go see a game.  There were big screens all around.  In the bar area there was a lot of seating and one very large screen TV as well as the smaller ones all around.  I think it would be a great place to watch the Duke vs UNC game and have a few drinks and some pub food.  I would go back to watch a game.
Get out and try a new restaurant.
Enjoy your world:-)
Carolina Ale House on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Too many times I have gone to places that claim to have very hot sauces that turn out to be like Texas Pete or less. I really appreciate your honest view.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete