Saturday, May 7, 2011

Restaurant Review...."La Farm Bakery" in Cary NC

Last weekend Stephanie and Erica were home for Mother's day.  We decided to check out La Farm Bakery in Cary NC.  It was on my Urban Spoon wish list and I had heard so many good things so off we went on Saturday morning to Cary to see what we could find.....
We drove up, the parking lot was packed....Thats always a good sign.  We encountered a beautiful rustic feel cafe, with indoor and outdoor seating...
Everything looked so good....
Here is a quote from their website

"La Farm Bakery is a realization of that lifelong dream a modern bakery 
that continues the centuries-old baking traditions and techniques, 
honoring the ordinary yet extraordinary boulangeries 
that once flourished in every little town in France. 
The La Farm Family welcomes you into our shop and into our kitchen, 
where we take pleasure in sharing our recipes and our secrets. 
Watch us in forming dough, toasting granola, decorating tarte aux fraises. 
Then taste our artisan breads, tarts, pastries, sandwiches and 
specialty products and experience the taste hundreds of years of French cuisine."





















































Just what is Boulangerie you may be asking?  I have no idea so off to google....
bou·lan·gerie (bo̵̅o̅ länz̸h rēnoun     
Origin: French a bakery shop, specif. one that specializes in breads, rolls, etc.
Ok now we know.  I would love to know how to pronounce it.  
The attempt was made in the definition to show us but sadly it was not much help to me:-)
They had breads, pastries, sandwiches, omelets and many other things on the menu. 
 Here is what we ordered
 Delicious!

 We loved the art work on the Cappuccino:-)












































So what did we find at the bakery.  Lots of food choices, amazing breads, coffee, sweets, sandwiches and even breakfast foods.  They also host seasonal classes which I checked out on their site.  I would love to take a class:-)
So get out and try a new restaurant.  I suggest you give La Farm Bakery a try.
Enjoy Your World Everyone:-)


La Farm Bakery on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. You find the neatest places and what could be better than the aroma in a bakery. Heavenly for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathiey -

    I just wanted to thank you for following my blog. I’m a follower of yours now as well.

    I notice you have some links to hops on your site. I've got a page on my site that lists more than 150 hops for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page.
    I hope you’ll visit me soon again!

    NCSue

    http://acts17verse28.blogspot.com/2011/05/lets-kill-captcha.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy - I love LaFarm too. It's very close to my office, so whenever my boss is in town, she always takes there for lunch. If you ever go during the week, give me a call and I'll meet you for lunch. Joanie Richards

    ReplyDelete