Sunday, May 1, 2011

Recipe Review..."Chocolate Covered Strawberries"

It is spring time.  What a beautiful weekend it has been here in NC.  Temps in the 70's and no humidity.  Wonderful.  It is also strawberry time.  Every year we try to get out to pick the red ripe strawberries from one of many berry farms in our area.  Mostly we eat them fresh from the field or sugar them for a nice evening treat.  Today I was in the mood to chocolate dip some of those luscious beauties.  Very easy to do....I gathered my ingredients...there are only two.  All you need are berries and chocolate chips.

 We use the Semi-Sweet Toll House Chips.  I just place the chips in a 2 cup microwaveable container.  Fill it about 3/4 full.  Zap them in the microwave on high for a minute.  Stir.  Repeat in 30 second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth. Then dip your berries in holding them by the stem.  I usually give them a twist in the chocolate and then place them on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.  Place in the fridge until firm and you have a tasty expensive looking treat.  Couldn't be easier.


(10/10 on my recipe scale. Yum:-)
Get out and pick some strawberries.  They don't last long.  If you want an easy and refreshing treat dip them in chocolate.
Enjoy Your World:-)

3 comments:

  1. Yum, 2 of my favorite things, strawberries & chocolate. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kately :-) I followed your link over from Cassity's 'Remodelaholic' blog. I did so out of curiosity. I wanted to see if your methodology was any different than my own (which I had posted about here (http://thebzhousethatlovebuilt.blogspot.com/2011/01/moving-on-to-chocolate-covered.html) )

    Here in Michigan we still have a couple of months wait for fresh strawberries.... but oh are they good when they finally are ready to be picked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is how I make chocolate-covered strawberries. Oh, how I love them! Just stopping by from Tasty Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete