Monday Morning, Memorial Day, Motivation,

Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.  
John 15:13

"All gave some, some gave all".  Great quote and so true.  Everyone is touched by war. I grew up hearing stories of WWI and WWII.  My great Uncle Leslie, who lived to be nearly 103, served during WWI. My Grand Father, on my Mom's side of the family, that I never met.  He fought in WWI and died due effects of mustard gas.  My Mom and Dad told stories of living through WWII.  My Dad was a farmer and wanted to serve but was not permitted to join because they needed farmers on the home front.  My Mom talked many times of friends that she lost in WWII. I remember her saying there were very few young men left in her town.  She talked of how everyone's lives changed.  Today my son-in-law Josh is a marine and has been deployed several times.  Our friend Josh Z. is also a Marine and is deployed in Japan.  Thank you "all" for your service to our country, to our families, and to God who loves you.
No one is more cherished in this world 
than someone who lightens the burden of another.  
Thank you.  
~Author Unknown

Comments

  1. Kathiey - thanks for you comment and, yes, I live in the Triangle area (Durham). Could you email me with more details about the photo club you referenced? Thanks, and Happy Memorial Day!

    ncsue0514 at msn dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Memorial Day Kathiey! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC