Exploring Kathiey's Local World. "Western Wake Farmers Market"

A couple of weeks ago Joe, Erica, and I decided to visit the Western Wake Farmers Market in Cary NC.
I love to go to farmers markets, you never know what you will find.  So off we went on our adventure.....
"Strawberry Fest Day" 

They look amazing....

Local meats....


Beautiful green veggies...

Homemade bake goods..yum....

One of my favorite flowers....The Primrose..beautiful!



More yummy goodness.  LaFarm Bakery in Cary.
This place is on my Urban Spoon wish list.  Maybe we will visit this weekend:-)

I did not expect to find cupcakes at the farmers market.
Very nice surprise...



The lady that makes these makes them from scratch on Thursdays.
She makes batches sweetened with honey and batches sweetened with sugar.

I bought the strawberry jam sweetened with sugar.
Delicious!


Nothing better then vine ripened tomatoes.

We bought 2 huge tomatoes.  Erica and I rushed home to make our summer favorite sandwich. Fresh tomatoes on white bread slathered with mayo and sprinkled with salt and pepper. Comfort food at its best.  I  like to let my tomato sandwiches sit for a while and get just a bit soggy.  Yummy Goodness!!

I hope to visit more local farmers markets in the spring and summer season.  They are great fun and always tend to hold surprises.
Get out and explore!
Enjoy your world everyone:-)

Comments

  1. Oh those lemonade stand cupcakes and the tomatoes are making my mouth water!
    That's how I make my 'mater sandwiches! Sometimes I get fancy and throw on some fresh basil and mozzarella.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is our favorite place to be during the summer. Any farmers market we can find and the big problem is wanting everything we see looking so fresh and good. Yes, one of lifes simple pleasures is a tomato sandwich. Linda said to tell you to try sprinkling a little sugar on your next one. That is the way she does hers everytime. Awesome photography as usual. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey my friend, saw on my blog that you were not having a good day today. So sorry to hear that and hope it gets better for you this weekend. Prayers have been said and I hope you have the best Mothers Day.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello following from the hop great blog look forward to reading more of your posts
    http://everydayproductsandmore.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for our farmer's market to start up, but that won't be until July. Should start picking fruits soon at the orchards. Gorgeous photos! (new follower from Follow me Friday)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathiey, thanks for stopping by MY blog. I'm so glad to have you as a new blogging food buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think there's anything I like better than going around a market, and especially a farmers' market with all that beautiful fresh produce. Your photos are lovely.

    Visiting from Odie's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York