Sunday, April 3, 2011

Restaurant Review..."Cafe Caturra" in Cary NC

Several weeks ago Joe, Erica and I decided to try a restaurant, Cafe Caturra in Cary.  I had read this is also a wine bar so this would be a new experience for me.  So off we went....
Nice entrance.  Optional outdoor seating.
It was cold on the day we went so we went indoors.
You order food at the counter, they then give you a number.
You find a seat and then if you are so inclined you head to the wine bar.
Erica and I were so inclined:-)
The Wine Bar.
You could request a taste of any wine you wanted 

and also enjoy the spreads on display.
Erica and I lean toward white wine and know very little about what we are doing

 so we tried the sweeter whites they had chilled for the tasting.  
We both ordered a glass of their sparkling white wine.  
You can order by the glass or the bottle.  

As you can see they also have beer.

Love the bubbles.  

Joe got the mini burgers.  They were very good!

Nice presentation.

Erica's Panini with tomatoes.  Very good.

Mine was just a tad dry, but very good. Nice flavor.

We had a great time at Cafe Caturra.  Just writing this post makes me want to go back and enjoy some more of their good food and of course their wine.  Abundant Life UMC hosts a small group at the Cafe.  Tempted to join them...what is better then good food, a wine bar, nice people, and learning about the Lord:-)
If you have not tried Cafe Caturra I suggest you do.  I will be going back next chance I get.
Enjoy your world everyone and get out and try a new restaurant:-)
Cafe Caturra on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Now this one Kathiey is everything that appeals to me and Linda. The pictures were very convincing so Linda & I will have to make a day trip to the area and give it a try. Thanks for letting us know about such great places.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good. I'm gaining weight just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dude,

    Very good site you have created. I think the foods are so testy. Cafe Caturra is famous for a quick breakfast. Thanks for sharing with us...

    ReplyDelete