Lo Tide 5K, Carolina Beach NC

It is that time again.  Time to run the Lo Tide 5K at Carolina Beach.  It is an annual race to raise money for folks battling cancer.
Last year when we ran this race we realized we were sadly underdressed.  It seemed everyone, excluding us, was dressed for St. Patricks Day.  This year we were ready.  We took a trip to Target a few weeks ago to find our outfits....
This year we were in style....


Joe and Erica warming up....







Me, standing near someone that has   warmed
up:-)





At the starting line and ready to go...










 I left Erica and Joe at the starting line.  I headed to the back of the pack.  Taking pictures of interesting outfits along the way.  I find it more psychologically pleasing to start at the back of the pack because you are not constantly being passed.When I start at the back I actually end up passing people, even though most of the folks I pass are walking.  I know I am in denial:-)

 Even the dogs were dressed up and were ready to run....

Best dressed:-)

I liked the beer mug hat...
 Crowds ahead of me...
She's walking I think I can pass her....:-)
I carry a small camera on my runs.  I snap pictures while I am running so they are not always on center....
We ran around a nice lake...


If you look close you can see many runners ahead of me on the other side of the lake....
This guy is actually jogging, can I get past him?
Yes!  (I think he re-passed me a few seconds later:-)
Three narrow bridges along the route.
Everyone had to nearly stop so folks could squeeze onto the bridge.  I did not mind a brief rest...

 Green supporters along the way...

 Pelicans overhead...
1 mile to go...
 Headed up to the beach.  This is the worse part of the race.  Running in loose sand is really hard.  Someone said it was a 200 yard stretch.  Ugg...


When I saw the clock was at 37.??minutes.  I knew I had to beat the 38 minute mark.  I tried my best in that awful sand..so hard...but I did it...Under 38 minutes.It was 2 minutes plus off of last years time.  Slow but sure:-)

Folks recovering on the beach...
Joe ran with Erica this year.  They were way ahead of me but were cheering me on at the end....
It's over:-)
Great job Erica!
Family
shot:-)

 Sand from the beach run...
After race music...
 A nice cool drink...
Banana Lady, she was so nice:-)
Joe and Erica with our extra large t-shirts, that is the only size they had left.
The beautiful beach....
peaceful after the race.
































Another great race at Carolina Beach.  All for a good cause, helping those with cancer.  An awful diagnosis that has touched nearly all families.  Cancer took my father.  I know advances have been made in research and treatment but there are still many deaths.  I pray that someday there will be a cure for all cancers.  In the meantime it is good that events like The Lo Tide Race can raise money for folks that need help today.
Enjoy your world everyone:-)

Comments

  1. A personal best - good for you Kathiey! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great effort Kathiey and wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York