Sunday, February 13, 2011

Monday Morning Motivation "Happy Valentines Day"

Love
I think of have seen and experienced love in my lifetime.  The love of my parents.  The love of my husband and my children.  The love of my brother Bruce and my brother Dave.  The love of good friends.  
I have seen the love of strangers reaching out to help those they don't know.  I have heard the prayers of those praying for folks they have never met, these prayers said with deep love.  
I feel a deep love for my husband, my daughters, my son-in-law and for my brother Bruce.  I feel an extreme love for my new to be grandchild that will be here in Aug, what a blessing.  I feel a deep love for my friends.  
When I think back of visual examples of love they are endless.  One I will never forget. When I worked in the ER I was caring for an elderly dying woman.  She was trying to communicate but she was not physically able to speak.  She was so scared you could see and feel her fear.  Her husband stood by her not knowing how to help. He was scared too. This went on for hours. Then I watched as he lowered the side  rail of her stretcher, got onto the stretcher with her, laid close to her, spoke softly only words she and God could hear, and just held her.  Precious beautiful moment of love.  It still brings tears to my eyes.
Love can be seen in millions of ways.  A smile, a favor, a phone call,  a cooked meal, a hug, a prayer, a song, a gift....the list goes on and on.  I thank God for his love, his forgiveness and grace.  His love for us and in us is the greatest love of all.....Thank you God for loving us in all of our imperfections.... for loving us unconditionally.
"I pray that you ... may have power  to grasp how wide and long
and high and deep is the love of Christ" (Ephesians 3:17-19).

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!
Enjoy Your World:-)

2 comments:

  1. That is such a beautiful post Katie and a motivation for all of us to follow. Thanks for being a friend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a beautiful post. I don't think I have stopped by before. I am your newest follower. Hope you enjoy Valentine's Day with the one that you love.

    ReplyDelete