Sunday, January 16, 2011

Restaurant Review...."Kitchen" in Chapel Hill

This weekend I went with a few friends to the "Kitchen", a restaurant in Chapel Hill.  It is on my wish list on  Urban Spoon so I thought it would be fun to give it a try.  As usual I studied the menu before the adventure and narrowed it down to two menu items.  The Chicken and Mushroom Gougere and the Penne Pasta with Shrimp.  I had to look up "Gougere" because I had no idea what it meant.  I thought maybe it was a cheese?  I found on wikipedia that it is "savory choux pastry with cheese".  Then I had to look up "choux" which just means a light pastry dough.  Sounded good!  So off we went to Kitchen....

The bar area.
They have a nice
beer and wine list.
You can see into the kitchen in the back of the
restaurant.
They had aprons lining
the wall.  I liked the one with
the fish drawing on the left.
Small dining area, comfortable
and inviting.
I liked the dish towel like napkins.
Nice touch, like being in a kitchen,
a very nice kitchen:-)

The Chicken and
Mushroom Gougere.
Yummy:-)

I did not taste the fries but everyone
at the table had positive comments.
I loved the container.
I did not order the mussels.  I don't remember ever having tasted mussels.  I did give these a try though and they were very good.



All in all we had a great time at the Kitchen in Chapel Hill.  I suggest you give it a try:-)
Get out and try a new restaurant.  I recommend Kitchen in Chapel Hill.
Enjoy your world:-)

Kitchen on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

  1. OMG girl you are going to make me take a drive to your neck of the woods to try out some of these nice places you are discovering. I and my wife like eating at places we have not been before and appreciate your opinions. Thanks & have a great rest of the weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How super yummy! Love the decor - wish I lived closer, I would have to have this on my list. :)

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new twist on the fries container. Very creative indeed. Plus the whole ambiance is really relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The place looks cozy. I'll visit the place on of these days. Are the foods cheap?

    ReplyDelete