Friday, January 7, 2011

Recipe Review..."Snickerdoodles"

Over the Christmas Holiday we made several batches of cookies.  We made Toffee Walnut Cookies and  Chocolate Chip Cookies and the goal was to make my favorite cookie...The Snickerdoodle.  Well I did not reach my goal, I was having too much fun with my family.  But who says that Christmas is the only time for a good cookie?  I was looking over others blog posts yesterday and came across the Beehive Cottage and Garden and guess what she was making?  Snickerdoodle's!   That was all the motivation I needed.  I decided to try her recipe.  So I gathered my ingredients....
Mixed the shortening and sugar




After rolling the cookie
ball in sugar and cinnamon
I placed them on the shiny
cookie sheet.

Yum:-)




















Debbie's Recipe
The recipe:
1 cup soft shortening
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
~~~
2-3/4 cups sifted flour
2 tsp. cream of tartar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
~~~
2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
2 Tbsp. cinnamon

Mix together shortening and sugar 'till fluffy.
Beat in eggs.

Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
Combine dry ingredients into wet.

Chill dough for 10 minutes,
then roll into 1" balls.
Roll balls in cinnamon sugar,
and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 400 degrees F
8 - 10 minutes until lightly brown,
but still soft.

Makes about 5 dozen 2" cookies

Great cookie! Easy to make!
Get out and enjoy a great cookie this weekend.
 Enjoy your world
Kathiey:-)

4 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy. Will try them this weekend. Thanks
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great cookies! they turned out beautiful and look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathiey, First of all a great big thanks for linking me to your post...and second, I'm glad you liked the recipe. I've tried several different snickerdoodle recipes in the past, but this one still comes out on top. I'm following now & look forward to visiting again.
    Smiles, Debbie

    ReplyDelete