Recipe Review..."Caramel Apple Cake" from the MixingBowl.com

I had the day off so I decided to make something new.  I have a magazine I really enjoy its called "Mixing Bowl".  I have the baking issue.  I thought yum the Caramel Apple Cake looks great so why not give it a try?  This is a recipe by Barbarajf... at the mixing bowl web site.  I gathered my ingredients....

 I could peel the apples on
my new Christmas cutting board.
I tried but with a dull knife it was
very slow going....
So I pulled out the apple peeler.
As you can see I have forgotten
how to use it.  I looked at if for a
few seconds and then the "Ah-Ha
moment"....
Thats better:-)
A few seconds later the apples were peeled and diced.
Came out looking pretty good...
Mine never looks exactly like the picture.
Oh well, I was happy anyway.

















Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Source: original recipe 
 Quick and delicious dessert.
 Servings:         10-12
Prep time:       15 minutes
Cook time:      40-45 minutes
Total time:       1 1/2 hours

Ingredients:
CAKE
2 cups apples (peeled & diced)
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
1 yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding

TOPPING
12 soft caramel candies
1 tbsp. water

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, combine apples, cinnamon, granulated sugar, brown sugar and walnuts. Mix thoroughly.
In a second large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oil, water, and pudding.
combine content of both bowls together, mix well.
Pour batter into a prepared (spray with cooking spray & flour) bundt pan.
Bake in oven 40-45 minutes.
Remove from oven, let cool 15 minutes, invert cake onto cooling rack until completely cool.
In a microwavable bowl, combine caramels and 
water. Heat in microwave about 30-40 seconds, or long enough to melt caramels.
Pour caramel topping over cake and ENJOY!
(FYI, I did have to microwave the caramels a bit longer then the recipe called for, but not much longer:-) 
Brodie trying to get a taste.
(I did give him a nibble,
as usual he loved it.  I can
always depend on him liking
anything I make:-)


Moist and delicious.  I will give this a 9/10 on
my cooking scale.  It has apples in it so it must be
healthy! Right??















Happy Cooking Everyone!
Enjoy your world:-)

Comments

  1. This one is a must have. Thanks
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum... like I didn't eat enough over the holidays! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum.... I'm your newest follower. http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so delicious. Love the finished product. I bet it was incredibly moist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious, yum. Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I always want to "play" with a apple peeler! Too bad I don't have one.

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York