Monday Morning Motivation

I guess you could call this a motivation, or maybe a thanksgiving for the great gift that God has given us in our dogs.  Best summed up....unconditional love.  Always there to please, to make us smile, to help us laugh when we are down.  Always there to listen & to wag a tail of encouragement.  Thank you God for your gift of love that we dog owners receive from our dogs.
Over the last several months I have talked with many folks that had to put their dogs down.  The pain and loss could be felt in their stories.  I heard about another person that had to put her childhood dog/friend and companion down just yesterday.  I know she is hurting and I say a prayer for healing for her as I type this.
I sometimes look at Brodie, my big lug of a dog, that I love so much, my constant friend, my companion, and know to well that someday I will feel the pain of loss.  But while I have him I will enjoy every minute and be thankful for our time together.
Here are a few quotes that I found that made an impression on me.

I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he'll be there.   Rev. Billy Graham
There's a stone I had made for Luke at the top of the hill road, where the pasture opens wide and the setting sun highlights the words carved into its face. "That'll do, Luke, that'll do." The words are said to working dogs all over the world when the chores are done and the flock is settled: "That'll do dog, come home now, your work is done." Luke's work is done too. He took my heart and ran with it, and he's running still, fast and strong, a piece of my heart bound up with his, forever.  Patricia McConnell  For the Love of a Dog
Thank you God for this gift you have given us.
Happy Monday Everyone, Enjoy Your World! 

Comments

  1. AMEN to that. Our little Rocky has our hearts and we love him so very much. We even plan vacations finding a motel that is pet friendly. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathiey, I also have a friend who had to put down one of her beloved boxers last week. It is so painful to think of saying goodbye to such loyal, loving companions. They truly give us so much, and are always forgiving.
    I love the quote "I want to be the person my dog thinks I am."
    Brodie looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York