Monday Morning Motivation

It seems in my life I have learned there are two things that we can count on.  The first is that change is a part of life and will happen. Sometimes the change is easy and we welcome it, even pray for it. Sometimes the change is very difficult and we wonder how we can escape it.  The second and most important constant is God.  He is here and loves us. He walks beside us and with us....He knows the extent of our pain and our joy, and everything in between....He knows our name:-)
A very special person in my life quoted something for me the other day and I don't remember ever having heard the quote before.  (I came home went straight to my computer and Googled it....I love Google:-)


“Let us be silent that we may hear the whisper of God”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

My prayer after thinking about that beautiful quote.....

In sorrow and in joy, Lord, help us hear your whisper.
In the excitement of life and in life's confusion,  Lord,  help us hear your whisper.
In youth and in old age, Lord,  help us hear your whisper.
In laughter and in tears,  Lord,  help us hear your whisper.
In health and in illness,  Lord,  help us hear your whisper.
In all the many scenarios that this path called life, that this gift called life,  
can throw at us, through the good and the bad,  Lord,  help us hear your whisper..........
and Lord,.......Please help us listen.
Enjoy Your World Everyone:-)

Comments

  1. I love that quote! I just stood outside our home as the snow began to fall and I thought it is so quiet I can hear the snow falling lightly around me. It is amazing what we can hear in the stillness.

    Have a great week!

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post my friend and words to properly start our week.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is an award waiting for you over at my blog.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was beautiful! love the quote and what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York