Happy New Year 2011

Happy New Year 2011

As I look back over 2010 I am thankful for so much.  My wonderful family, my friends, my dog and my Grandpuppies:-)  I am thankful for good health, a good job with a great boss and co-workers that are like my family. It was not a perfect year, there were many difficult times, but I have learned that is part of life. I am optimistic for the future, for what is to come.  I pray that I can focus on the good, that my glass remains half full even in the difficult times. I have to lean on God, I cannot do it alone.  I found a prayer that I thought was really pretty.  I am not sure who the author is. At first I thought, no, I can post that, I don't want to focus on the negative that could occur, not on New Years Day.  But as I thought about it the more I can relate to this prayer.  It is real, like life.  It is really very beautiful....no matter what we encounter, the good and the not so good, God is always with us sustaining us.    Here is my prayer for you, for myself.....


A New Year’s Prayer
May God make your year a happy one!
Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain,
But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;
Not by making your path easy,
But by making you sturdy to travel any path;
Not by taking hardships from you,
But by taking fear from your heart;
Not by granting you unbroken sunshine,
But by keeping your face bright, even in the shadows;
Not by making your life always pleasant,
But by showing you when people and their causes need you most,
and by making you anxious to be there to help.
God’s love, peace, hope and joy to you for the year ahead.

God Bless and Happy New Year,
Enjoy Your World:-)

Comments

  1. Kathiey that was beautiful and I hope you don't mind if I share it on my blog. Have a great rest of the weekend.
    Odie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stumbled upon your blog today and your prayer really hit me, almost as if God sent me to read it- thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a beautiful, meaningful prayer...wishing you a great year ahead as well...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC