Recipe Review..."Toffee Walnut Cookies".....From Inn Cuisine

It's nearly Christmas and time for cookies!  I have a few favorites from my childhood.  Every year we would have tins of Chocolate Chip & Sugar Cookies.  Somewhere along the way my mom discovered Snickerdoodles and for me that was the ultimate cookie.  I am always looking to add to my Christmas cookie list and I found one to try on a bed and breakfast web site...Inn Cuisine.  The Toffee Walnut Cookie, Yum....I gathered my ingredients....






My baking helper needed some
guidance.....:-)
Before and
after shots.
Golden and delicious!
Packaged and ready to
eat and share:-)
Joe made one giant cookie.






















Riverbend Inn's Toffee Walnut Cookies

Recipe courtesy Riverbend Inn B&B
Yield: about 6 dozen cookies

  • 2 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 & 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 & 1/2 cups Heath English Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits 
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
In a medium-large bowl, sift together flour, salt and baking soda; set aside. In a separate, smaller bowl combine toffee bits and walnuts; set aside. Using an electric mixer, cream butter until fluffy; add sugar and beat for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, then vanilla. Alternatively mix in toffee mixture and flour mixture, a third at a time, until well blended. Chill cookie dough for at least 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat liners. Spoon out dough and roll in small 1-inch balls (about the size of a large marble). Place balls three inches away from each other on cookie sheet(s). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until edges are just starting to brown. Remove from oven and let cool on sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

So what do I rate this recipe on my cooking scale?  I would have to give them a 9.5/10.  They were soft chewy and yummy.  I suggest you give them a try.
Brodie liked them.
I liked them too:-)














Happy Cooking everyone!
Enjoy your world:-)

Comments

  1. These look great.
    Seeing Joe's big cookie brought back memeories - my sister and I would always make a big cookie for our dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks yummy! I think I may have to make some of those up. Your one big cookie looks about normal size for the ones I always make. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound really good. I love anything with toffee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look SO good. I'm going to try these. Just need to find the toffee bits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My snickerdoodles come out more puffed than that but there is no bad sncikerdoodle....lol....I'll have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got a kick out of your "helper". Mine usually just samples the outcome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks SO good, thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York