Monday, November 15, 2010

My Sunday Song "A Mighty Fortress" by Christy Nockels


video
I love this song by Christy Nockels.  It is a reminder that God is our fortress our refuge. I remember singing this song at Apex United Methodist Church during a very difficult time in my life.  I can still feel the pain in my heart and trying my best, beyond my understanding, to keep my eyes focused on God.  "God I can't do this alone, I look to you", and as the song says "We will keep our eyes on You".
I think of a friend of mine that will be undergoing surgery this week for cancer, how do we deal with this?  We keep our eyes on you God.
I follow a blog that is filled with ways to decorate your home.  Beautiful blog, hopeful young couple.  Suddenly tragedy struck their lives.  Her young husband was involved in an awful work related accident.  I watched her focus change, from that of decorating her home, to her now critically ill husband and to God in her time of need.  How do we deal with awfulness? We will keep our eyes on you God.
So just how do we do it? How do we keep our focus on God?  I am not sure. I guess we give it our best and God helps us do the rest.
My prayer today...."Lord help us to keep our eyes on you.  During pain, confusion, loneliness, and loss.
Also Lord help us to keep our eyes on you during the good times, when we feel love and joy.  When we enjoy good friends, when we sing.
Happy Sunday Everyone:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment