Exploring Kathiey's Not So Local World...Picking Apples with Bruce at Fifer Orchards

I was so excited.  I was going to see my brother Bruce.  It is rare that I get to see Bruce.  With limited budget on my end, and a lack of care or motivation on the part of his care taker for Bruce and I to get together, it can be difficult to find this important time for family. So when ever I can scrape up enough cash to make the trip to DE it is a treat. I had many adventures planned for our one day together.  One of those adventures was to go to Fifer Orchards in Wyoming DE and pick apples.  This would be a new experience for me so I couldn't wait to get started.  Stephanie decided to come along.
 So off we went to Fifer Orchard.
We started off at the Marketplace.

Bruce and me:-)
Bruce and Stephanie:-)




Now we wait for the wagon to come to take us to the apples.
Bruce was ready!
Our view from the wagon.
It was a bit cold and windy.
Beautiful fall colors!

Bruce holding onto his flag hat.
 Bruce trying to avoid the wind:-)
Steph in the orchard.  Todays pickings were
Pink Lady apples.  One of my favorite snack apples.

















The goal was for each of us to pick  10 apples. Pretty easy, the trees were packed. Bruce's bag looked to have more apples then the rest of us.  I said "Bruce how many apples do you have?"  He said "Twelve, I beat you":-)  So Steph and I each went home with 10 apples and Bruce with 12.


Beautiful!



We had a great time together.
Bruce is a great guy and a very special brother.  I am glad Stephanie was able to spend some time with him.


I Love you Bruce and I miss you!!!

Enjoy your world everyone:-)

Comments

  1. Oh it looks like you had a great day!!! I love Pink Lady apples ~ I'm going to see if I can find a tree somewhere next spring to plant. That was cute about Bruce having 12 apples and he beat you :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Some yummy looking produce and Bruce looks like he's having a blast. Apple picking is always a good time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York