Recipe Review..."Apple Butter Cupcakes".....from a cooking magazine?

I decided to re-try a recipe I made several years ago...Apple Butter Cupcakes.  I found the recipe in a cooking magazine but I do not remember which one.  I remember them being moist and yummy.  So I gathered my ingredients....




















I did forget a very important step.  You are suppose to sprinkle sugar on top of the Cupcakes before you bake them....darn!  They were still good.  Most and yummy.  I would probably give them a 7.5/10 on my cooking scale.


Then I thought, how could I make them better?
Butter of course.  I spread a good amount of sweet creamy butter on my piece.  Now the rating on my cooking scale has become 9/10.  Wow what a little butter can do:-)











Apple Butter Cupcakes
Ingredients
1 3/4 cups All purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup apple butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoon lemon Juice
1 evaporated milk  5 ounce can
Sugar
Preparation
Preheat oven to 350 F. Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a small mixing bowl; set aside. Beat butter in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar, beat until fluffy. Add egg; beat well. Beat in apple butter and vanilla. Stir lemon juice into evaporated milk (mixture will curdle). Alternately add flour mixture and milk mixture to apple butter mixture, beating on low to medium speed after each addition just until combined.
Grease muffin cups or line with paper bake cups; fill 2/3 full. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks. To transport, place desired number of cupcakes in a single layer in a covered container.

Hope you enjoy this recipe.  We did and so did Brodie:-)


Happy Cooking Everyone!
 Enjoy your world:-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York