Monday, September 13, 2010

Restaurant Review.."The Guglhupf Cafe" Durham NC























I had a great day this past Saturday.  First I helped set up for Sunday service at Abundant Life United Methodist Church in Cary NC.  Great group of folks which made the task a fun one.  Then I was off to meet Melissa, a dear friend of mine, for lunch.  I didn't have any great ideas so she suggested Guglhupf's in Durham NC . When I arrived the parking lot was packed.  It was Saturday Brunch and people were parked across the street and had to make their way across 15-501 to get to the Cafe.  I decided to try my luck and circle the lot a few times and it was a miracle, I found a spot on the front row:-)  The weather was perfect so we decided to sit outside.   Here are a few pictures of our adventure.....

There are some great seats under those umbrellas.













 It was yummy:-)



Happy after a tasty lunch.
Now off to explore the inside of the cafe....





Now to the bakery....












Melissa and I each got a fruit tartlet to take home.



Couldn't leave Joe out so that night we split the tartlet.  Very good!
Couldn't leave Brodie out either.  He liked the cookie crust:-)
I really enjoyed Guglhupf's.  I liked its casual relaxed atmosphere.  The people were nice and the food was very good.  They have brunch on the weekends, and live music on scheduled evenings.  I hope to go back, have a glass of wine and listen to music sometime soon.

Get out and explore and enjoy your world everyone:-)
(Urban Spoon Rocks:-)
Guglhupf Bakery on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. I wish I lived near there so I could go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Guglhupf. One of my favorite places in Durham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how very quaint! I love restaurants like that.
    By the way, I changed my blog address. http://theflipflopfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

    Have a beautiful day!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    New follower from New Friend Fridays. Those desserts look absolutely delicious.

    Great blog you have here.

    Marie
    The Things We Find Inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that restaurant looks like a very fun place! I'm hungry now just from looking @ the photos!

    ReplyDelete