Recipe Review .."Pumpkin Squares" from Recipe Dose.

Busy day....I got up a 4 am,  got to work by 6:30 am.  Got off work at 3 pm. Then I  ran several much needed errands.  Met my good friend Melissa for dinner at 5:30, we had a great time:-)  Got back home around 8:15 and here I sit determined to make the deadline for Kristi's Foodie Friday on her blog"The Speckled Dog. The Speckled Dog Foodie Friday 
Yesterday I tried a new recipe I found on "Recipedose.com.  Recipe Dose   Pumpkin Squares

pumpkin squaresPreparation time : 45 min. | Serves 3-4 dozen squares
These pumpkin squares are one of a famous Halloween recipes so you can decorate it to make smiley pumpkin face using carrot pieces or nuts.

Ingredients:

2 cup flour
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup margarine (softened)
½ cup brown sugar
2 egg
2 large egg whites
15 oz pumpkin pie filling
1 cup carrot (finely shredded)
For Topping:
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
¼ cup sugar
½ cup whipped cream

I gathered my ingredients.....only to find that one of them was wrong.  I needed the 15oz pumpkin in a can but instead had bought the pie filling mix.  I had to run back to Harris Teeter,  I wanted to do this right, so the photo is not 100% accurate just gives you a general idea. 





(There is the correct can of pumpkin:-)

Cake baked and cooling.
After the cake cooled I mixed the cream cheese icing. (I doubled the icing ....you can't have to much cream cheese:-)

Sprinkled the top with nuts and put in the fridge to cool.  Served it with iced cold milk....yum.


Well was it any good you ask?  I really liked it.  I would give it a 9/10 on my recipe scale.  I took it to work today and everyone semed to like it.  Kristin even took some home to her daughter Karsin. So yes I recommend that  if you like pumpkin, carrots, nuts and cream cheese you give it a try.











Brodie was not happy until he got a taste.  He loved the cream cheese!

Happy cooking everyone!:-)

Comments

  1. Oh your blog and kitchen and life as so cute and feel so homey! I think I am going to like hanging out here and now is the time to start baking with pumpkins. Impressive recipe, looks like it could feed a crowd easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That recipe looks super good! And your dog is SO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be making these! Even though they are not paleo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! that pumpkin square looks so yummy. i will try the recipe on Thanksgiving Day. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I knew there was a reason I really liked you! I looooove pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York