Sunday, September 5, 2010

My Sunday Song..."The Potter's Hand" by Darlene Zschech


I heard this song for the first time this week.  A beautiful song about giving ourselves to God and letting him mold our lives.  My favorite line in the song is...
"You gently call me into your presence guiding me by your Holy Spirit
Teach me dear Lord to live all of my life through your eyes"
Impossible to do without God's help!

If I could dedicate this song to someone it would be Jill.   I have followed Jill the past couple of months through her blog. http://jillhhollis.blogspot.com/ She has struggled with a very cruel disease ALS.  I followed her and prayed for her as she held on tight to God in all her pain.  At times she would falter, as we all do, but she would quickly turn around and grab tight to our Father's hand.  She blessed many as she shared her life that was being shaped moment to moment by God.  Here was her intro on her blog site....

Jill says, 

"My purpose in writing this blog is to share what God is teaching me in my battle with ALS. In a revealing and honest way. My desire is to constantly be transformed by Him. Changed"


Jill passed away a couple of days ago.  I have never met her but I felt sorrow in her passing. I have dealt with so much death in my family in the last 3 years that I guess it brought back some of that pain that I work so hard to suppress. But also what a blessing she was to me and many others.  Jill allowed God to mold her life in one of life's most difficult moments, and she allowed us to see Him at work in his child that he loves beyond what we can understand. 
Thank you God and Thank you Jill!
Happy Sunday Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment