Thursday, July 22, 2010

Exploring Kathiey's Local World...."The General Store Cafe"

A few Sunday's ago Joe and I wanted to do something a bit different for lunch.  We decided to go to brunch at The General Store Cafe in Pittsboro N.C. http://www.thegeneralstorecafe.com/home.html 
What a cute store, restaurant and deli combination.  The best way to describe it, I guess, would be eclectic.































Joe ordered breakfast.  I tasted the potatoes, they were delicious.  Joe thought the eggs were great.  But the A+ for me was their coffee.  Very smooth, not at all bitter.  Some of the best coffee I have ever had.

















I had the chicken salad & iced tea.  Very good.  Do you see the house recipe ketchup in the photo?  I usually ask for some just in case the meal lacks flavor.  Well, I did not even open it....no need, everything was fresh and tasty:-)
The following photos will give you an example of why I describe this venue as eclectic......


I love the screen.  Not so sure about the wooden critter with the large eyes standing in front of it, although he does look friendly.  As does the spotted fish above the door.















Another interesting
artistic expression.
I think he is for sale
 if anyone wants him.
He is kinda cute & I
think he is singing:-)











View from our table.




Yep, a giant shoe?

Most everything is for sale in this cafe,
including this piece of art.
I am sure there must be local history in this
piece of art.












Joe and I ate in the front room of the cafe.   Very open and sunny.
Nice choice for a Sunday morning.
The majority of the  
seating is in the back of the cafe.



We spoke with someone at the cafe that said that we needed to come visit in the evening when there is  entertainment in house.  He said some of the bands are amazing.
Another interesting piece of art.













We will definitely go back.  Great food, nice people, interesting art.  I would like to go back for brunch again and have a cup of that wonderful coffee.  I would like to also go back for some of their evening entertainment (see a list of their upcoming events on their website). I would have a glass of wine, sit back and enjoy some jazz or bluegrass.

Enjoy the journey everyone:-)

Pittsboro General Store & Cafe on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the GSC! It's the only place I've ever eaten in Pittsboro. I always get the BBQ sandwich and beet salad, soooo good. If it ain't broke...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too Kim. I can't wait to go back:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That foods looks delicious!
    To add a button to your sidebar, go to your Dashboard and click on Design, then click on Add a Gadget. Click on Add a Picture and you can add a photo from your computer. (go over to The Girl Creative and right click on her button image and save it)
    Then go back to her site, click on the heading New Friend Friday, it will be in your address bar up top, then right click to save it, go back to the Gadget you added and add the address to link to it. Click save.
    hope it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does look like a fun place to have lunch! I love the fifth photo especially. I like that kind of place. :-) So artsy and eclectic.

    Thanks for stopping by at Cranberry Morning and commenting on my England photos! :-) We took that trip in 2007, but I took hundreds of photos and little by little, week by week, will blog about places we went and things we saw. It's a nice journal for myself and I like to share those great places with others!

    I hope you'll visit again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that place looks so cute! sad i missed it while we lived there... :)

    ReplyDelete