Sunday Song "Word Of God Speak" by Mercy Me


When I first started researching how to start a blog the first thing I came across was the suggestion that you should be honest, be real.  So I will try.  It has been a difficult week for me.  Feelings of loneliness, sadness and inadequacy, that I am usually able to push aside, have plagued my mind.   Today is Father's day.  I don't know how many times I have wanted to call my family members that have passed away in the last couple of years & realized that I can't.  I could always call Mom.  We would discuss our feelings, our confusions, our faith, share funny stories and on occasion a good joke.  Mom and I would talk about day to day life.    My  brother Dave and I talked nearly everyday.  We could discuss any subject, you name it, there were no limits. We would give each other our support, care & love.  Dad and I leaned toward discussing world events, things of interest in the news, politics, medicine.  Dad would always ask "How are you? How is Joe? How are Stephanie, Josh, & Erica?
On this Father's day I wanted to stay in bed and pull the blankets over my head & block out the world. I fought the negative feelings as best I could, not easy.  I pushed through & got up took care of Brodie and got ready for church.  Today in church freedom, healing, and restoration were discussed, of which I need all three:-)  Pastor asked us "what are some of the amazing things that God has done for us?"    One amazing thing that comes to mind as I sit here is the fact that we, as imperfect as we are, are given the "gift" of calling the God of all creation our Father....our Dad.
Happy Fathers Day and Happy Sunday everyone:-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York