My Sunday Song "Better Then a Hallelujah"

I heard this song on K-love the other day.  Amy Grant was singing.  I could relate to this song in many ways so I decided to make it more personal and play my keyboard while singing and record it on an application that I have been wanting to try on my computer.  I used the built in computer microphone and did one take from the heart.  I added some pictures of churches I have taken.
Here are the lyrics of the song and my thoughts while singing it.  My version...

God loves a lullaby
In a mothers tears in the dead of night
Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.
God loves the drunkards cry,      (someone i loved died because of alcohol abuse..may 2009)
The soldiers plea not to let him die  (the guys I know who have been & remain deployed) 

Better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

We pour out our miseries  (all the challenges in life that we all face)
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah.  (to me not better but honest)

The woman holding on for life, (my mom in her final year..died Jan 2009) 

The dying man giving up the fight (my dad giving in to pancreatic cancer 2007)
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes
The tears of shame for what's been done,  (person I know choosing greed  over love) 

The silence when the words won't come
Are better than a Hallelujah sometimes.

We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody  (My brother with Down's Syndrome is always a melody:-)
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
We pour out our miseries
God just hears a melody
Beautiful the mess we are
The honest cries of breaking hearts
Are better than a Hallelujah


Happy Sunday everyone:-)

Comments

  1. This is beautiful, Kathiey! The authenticity of sharing your sorrows with God, not just your joys and praise, reminds me of Matthew's sermon a few weeks ago "Singing the Blues Together." Some of his points were that God is present with us during suffering, doubt, questioning, etc. And that as a Christian community we need to welcome all of these thoughts and feelings so that we can allow God to work through them with us. Thank you for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York