Sunday Song "Alive Again" by Matt Maher

On this Sunday morning I find myself thinking about my family members that I loved and have lost in the last couple of years.  My Mom, my Dad, and my best friend & brother David.  All three of them had issues, as we all do, that, at times, make our lives less then happy in this world.  I hold onto God's promise that he loves and understands us even when we do not understand ourselves.  I hold onto the promise that he has made a better place for us, far beyond our imagination.  As I listen to the lyrics of this song I "know" they are "alive again" and in a better place, a peaceful, exciting, and happy place.



My Mom, Dorothy Hansen in her younger years.



My Dad, Leon Hansen














My brother, David Hansen (we were not close growing up, big age difference.)  When dad was dying he asked my brothers to "take care of your sister".  David took this request to heart.  We spoke on the phone nearly everyday, we grew to know each other & became friends.  As he struggled to take care of Bruce my brother with Down's Syndrome & coordinated the  care of my mom, we encouraged each other.  I could hear in his voice he was emotionally exhausted, caring for everyone with no financial help from Dad's estate.  I was worried he would start to drink again and he did.
Due to this he is gone.  I still hurt, but I know he is having fun in this perfect place that God has prepared for us:-)




Mom & Dad at their 50th wedding anniversary.















Lyrics "Alive Again" by Matt Maher


I woke up in darkness   surrounded by silence
oh where, where have I gone?  I woke to reality
losing its grip on me   oh where, where have I gone?

Cause I can see the light   before I see the sunrise


You called and you shouted  broke through my deafness
now I’m breathing in  and breathing out  I’m alive again!

You shattered my darkness  washed away my blindness
now I’m breathing in  and breathing out
I’m alive again!

Late have I loved you,  you waited for me,
I searched for you…  what took me so long?

I was looking outside  as if love would ever want to hide
I’m finding I was wrong  

Cause I can feel the wind   before it hits my skin

You called and you shouted   broke through my deafness
now I’m breathing in  and breathing out
I’m alive again!

You shattered my darkness  washed away my blindness
now I’m breathing in  and breathing out
I’m alive again!  I’m alive again!

Cause I want you!  Yes, I want you,
I need you  And I’ll do what ever I have to
Just to get through  cause I love you Yeah, I love you!

You called and you shouted  broke through my deafness
now I’m breathing in  and breathing out
I’m alive again!

You shattered my darkness washed away my blindness
now I’m breathing in  and breathing out
I’m alive again!

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your family Kathy. You were such a wonderful daughter and sister and took extremely good care of all of them. You are truly a very special person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

Recipe Review...."Hawaiian Banana Nut Bread" from Southern Living

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York