Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Kathiey's Recipe Review.

I love to try new recipes.  I usually rate them on a scale of 1-10, with anything 8 or above a definite remake!  This week I took on three recipes.  Tuna Macaroni Salad, "Michelle's Awesome Crock Pot Roast", and Lemon Pound Cake.
I found Michelle's Awesome Crock Pot Roast at Recipezarr.http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Michelles-Awesome-Crock-Pot-Pot-Roast-146894
(You will see all my changes written in red:-)
Michelle's Awesome Crock Pot Pot Roast


Recipe #146894 | 6¼ hours | 10 min prep


SERVES 4 -6 (change servings and units)
Ingredients
  • 1 (2 lb)  beef roast
  • 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (I used 1 can of cream of celery instead of mushroom)
  • 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
  • beef bouillon cubes (if you do not have beef bouillon, can use a onion soup mix instead, just as good) (I did not use the bouillon, I used one packet of Lipton onion soup mix)
  • (I also added 1 cup of water, which made a wonderful gravy:-)

Directions

  1. 1
    Put all ingredients in a crock pot (I sprayed the crock pot lightly with Pam.  Put the roast in.  Mixed the other ingredients and poured them over the roast.  Placed the crock pot on low and let it cook all day.

    The roast is really good.  You can serve the gravy over rice, noodles or potatoes.  We love it served over Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes:)
    I wanted something easy for dinner that I could just make and stick in the fridge.  Something that was inexpensive and that would last a couple of days.  So I made Tuna Macaroni Salad.  I looked at a few recipes and just threw a few things together so I don't have an exact recipe for you.  It is just a matter of personal taste.  
    Tuna Macaroni Salad
    *16 oz elbow macaroni
    *12 oz solid white tuna
    1 & 1/2 - 2 cups of mayo (it is nice to have a bit left over to add later if needed)
    Add to taste if desired...
    Sugar ( I probably added about 2 tablespoons maybe more:-)
    Salt and pepper
    Lemon juice (Couple of table spoons to make a nice consistency)
    *Add as desired
    Cucumber, celery, green pepper, onion, 
    Cherry tomatoes (this is the only thing in this group I added)
    Directions
    Cook Macaroni according to package directions.
    Drain and rinse with cold water, set aside.
    Cut any veggies you want to add and set aside
    Flake tuna and set aside.
    Mix your mayo with sugar, salt, pepper and lemon juice
    Then put it all together and refrigerate.   Easy and lasts   several days:-)
















Last but not least I tried a lemon pound cake I found at a site called Italian Dessert Recipes.  I made it exactly like the recipe.  It was good but I would probably only give it a 6/10 on my scale.  It was a bit dry.
Brodie really wanted to help.  I don't let him help me cook but he usually gets a taste of the results. He is my favorite critic.  Always happy.  although he did not seem to like the lemon sauce that went on the pound cake.  But I enjoyed his reaction:-)

Happy Cooking Everyone:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment