Kathieys Recipe Review "Parmesan- Roasted Potatoes & Squash

I try to make a new recipe weekly but this week I have had trouble finding the time.  So I went blog hopping to find something easy to go with an oldie but goodie meat loaf recipe I had.  I found "Parmesan- Roasted Potatoes and Squash on a blog called Big Girls Small Kitchen
Here is their recipe....

Parmesan-Roasted Potatoes and Squash
Serves 1
Ingredients
2 medium (1 cup) Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled & cut into 1-inch chunks
1/2 cup winter squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoons kosher salt
black pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
Heat oven to 400° F.
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Toss to coat the potatoes. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment.
Roast, stirring once, until golden brown and crisp, about 40 minutes. Serve hot or at room temperature.


As usual I changed up things a bit.  I cut the potatoes and added some sliced onion.  I didn't use squash.  I put the veggies in a bowl and drizzled them with oil.  Stirred them up and placed them on a foil covered cookie sheet that was sprayed with Pam.


Then I sprinkled the potatoes and onions with Coarse Ground Black Pepper, Kosher Salt, and a touch of Parmesan Cheese.

Put them in a 400 degree oven and baked for 30-40 minutes.




They turned great.  I would make them again.  I guess I will give them an 8/10 on my cooking scale.  Easy and tasty:-)







So another fun meal.  Meat loaf, green salad with candied pecans and roasted potatoes.
Life is good:-)

Happy cooking everyone!
Enjoy your world:-)





Comments

  1. Looks delicious!
    Simply Recipes' blog is great, have made many a yummy thing from here: http://simplyrecipes.com/

    Also The Splendid Table has a great, usually quick 'Weeknight Kitchen" recipe via email every Wednesday. I've kept a lot of these.
    http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/newsletter/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love roasted potatoes, but never thought to put Parmesan on them! Ill be dding this to this week's menu. Do you think you could send me your meatloaf recipe? I've never made meatloaf before (isn't that weird?). I will say though, that I probably won't put the tomato sauce on top. I like mine with brown gravy. :-)

    Thanks for linking this up to Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nikon CoolPix P510 Lesson in Aperture

A Visit to Burntshirt Vineyards in Hendersonville NC

Dr. Frank's Winery Hammondsport, New York